1. Measure out your ribbon by wrapping the ribbon around your box twice – cut your ribbon length. Leave enough extra ribbon so you can trim the edges again, if necessary, after your bow is tied.
2. Wrap ribbon around the box from the bottom to the top. Hold ribbon taut around the top of the box, and with your right hand pull the length of ribbon on the left over and under to create a single tie, as you would when tying your shoe.
3. Place your left thumb onto the ribbon to hold the tension and pull the ribbon length of the right side up to create a loop.
4. Pull the loop to the left as you use your left hand to take the ribbon length around the loop.
5. Using your left thumb you can push the ribbon length under the first loop, then through the opening. Use your right hand to pull up to create a second loop.
6. Pull the two loop ends to create an even bow.
7. Tighten the bow to your desired length.
8. To create even edges, pull together both ribbon tails and cut at the same location. Cut at any angle you please. Sharp scissors are a must!
Ta da!…the perfect bow. Now finish off with a decorative gift tag and note to make your gift special and unique.